Chinese National Day Holiday Notices & Things to Do
30 Sep 2018
October 1st to the 7th, Golden Week, is a celebration of China's National Day. Not every place is open, and some special events are taking place. Here are a few to keep in mind.
Extended Metro and Rail Transit Hours: The City Rail Office Operation Construction Management Office & Shenzhen Metro Group have announced that, during the holidays, on September 30, October 1, October 6 and October 7, 8 Shenzhen subway lines and the Longhua Modern Tram will extend their operating time to 24:00 (midnight). During this period, Metro Lines 1, 5 and 11 will temporarily open two-way passenger trains to smoothly connect the high-speed railway station, railway station and airport passenger flow to provide a safer and more convenient travel experience for citizens.
Closed for the holidays:
- June Yoga Studio will be closed the whole week from October 1st to the 7th and will return on October 8th.
- Artisans Pizza in Coastal City will be closed from October 1-5.
- The SEG wholesale floors in HuaQiangBei will be closed from October 1st to the 3rd. The retail floors will remain open.
- MyEinn, your foreigners' electronics store, will be open October 1st, but is considering closing for parts of the holiday. We recommend calling them if you plan on going to HuaQiangBei.
- Peak Bird Gym will be open but will not have any group classes from October 1st to the 3rd. Anyone who has recently signed up for the 7th day free trial within the last seven days, can have it extended to make up for any days you missed because of the cancellation of group classes.
- The Overseas Grocery store will be closed from October 1st to the 3rd.
Things to Do This National Day Holiday
X-TA-SEA: National Day party on October 1st, plus, Buy 2 Get 1 Free Bottles from October 1st to the 6th, and their famous Monthly BBQ Party will be held on Sunday October 7th!
Exercise for FREE at Peak Bird Gym! Mention ShekouDaily and use Peak Bird Gym for FREE from October 1st to the 7th!
Acrobats & Magicians from Around the World Come to Perform at Happy Valley
The 2018 China International Circus and Magic Festival will take place at the Happy Valley Amusement Park in Shenzhen from October 1st to the 7th. Hundreds of acrobats and magicians from across the world are expected to come and perform at the festival. The event takes place nightly at 7pm, except for October 4th; which will be at 2:30pm. Tickets to Happy Valley (at Window of the World Metro Station, exit A) are just 100 RMB after 6pm.
2018 Shenzhen International Automobile Expo
Time: October 1st - October 6th
Venue: Shenzhen Convention and Exhibition Center
40th Anniversary Light Show in Shenzhen, Nightly From Sept 28th-Dec 31st
Go to the Civic Center for the best spot to watch. Three times per night on Fridays, Saturdays and national holidays, at 19:30, 20:30, 21:30; Two times per night from Sunday to Thursday, at 20:00 and 21:00. More details here.
Over a hundred great food and drink deals, events and promotions are also available throughout the holiday. Click here to browse them all.
Tonight's Trivia Night (Tuesday December 10th), is moving to 9pm, following the fundraiser for Jolo, who was severely injured in an e-Bike accident a few days ago in Shekou. The fundraiser is to help raise money to help pay for some of his extensi...
at Xpats Bar & Grill Sea World
We hope that people will have better understanding of Chinese culture throught these excel...
at Nanshan International Cultural Exchange & Service
Recent Articles more articles
The ‘90s were a special time for gaming, with the release of so many incredible games and strange trends it was a time when the medium really started to take off. Gaming advertising became ever zanier using strange peripherals, goofy actors and fr...
Check out all the awesome free activities, services & workshops + in the FULL schedule for this Saturday's Health & Wellness Fair! 10am to 4pm at Vista-SK, walking distance from Houhai Subway station in Nanshan.