Shenzhen Beach Goers Face Fines For Not Registering
03 Aug 2018
A record number of cars have been flocking to Shenzhen beaches over the last couple of weekends, driving the city to impose restrictions on access.
If you'd like to drive to the Shenzhen Meisha and Dapeng areas, you'll need to make an appointment or face a fine of 300 RMB!
According to statistics, more than 70,000 vehicles have been entering these areas over the weekends, causing massive road congestion and traffic issues. The Yantian district received 162 cases of traffic jams, up 41% year-on-year. Dapeng jurisdiction has received congestion with 410 complaints to police, up 2058% compared with last year.
To deal with the issue, the Shenzhen Municipal Public Security Bureau Traffic Police Bureau now requires you to register if you'd like to drive to these areas on any weekends during the month of August and during the National Day Holiday.
Failing to register will result in a fine of 300 RMB and 3 points on your license.
1 - Meisha area. including Dameisha, Xiaomeisha, OCT East, west from Yanmei Road, Sanzhoutian Road junction, east to Yanmei Road, Shenzhen Customs Xiaomeisha Education and Training Base, north to eastern OCT, all roads in the area (excluding Yanba Expressway) ).
2 - Dapeng area. All roads in Dapeng New District south of the Diefushan Tunnel (including the Diefushan Tunnel).
Government vehicles and those that live and work in the area will be accounted for separately so do not need to follow this registration processes. Emergency and police vehicles will not be subject to the quotas.
Vehicles carrying 10 or more passengers, taxis, freight vehicles, police cars, fire engines, ambulances, engineering rescue vehicles and expressway transit vehicles to Huizhou and other places are not affected by the provisions of the reservation requirement.
There's a limit of 40,000 cars allowed each day into each; the Meisha area and the Dapeng areas, including 30,000 individuals and 10,000 for businesses.
Reservations can be made via the Shenzhen Traffic Police WeChat public account (ID: szjjwx), the official website of the Traffic Police Bureau and the “My Shenzhen” APP.
- You need to enter your mobile phone number and license plate number when making an appointment.
- Reservation times are: morning (0:00 to 12:00), afternoon (12 to 18:00), and evening (18 to 24).
- You will receive a text message upon successful completion.
- You will need to make seperate reservations for the Meisha and Dapeng areas;
- Only the arrival date is reserved. The departure is not restricted. However, another reservation is required if you plan to return the next day after leaving the reserved area.
- There is no restriction on driving inside the reserved area.
- The appointment can be cancelled by mobile phone at any time on the same day, but you're limited to 3 attempts to reserve when canceling so be careful.
- If you do not arrive within the scheduled time due to traffic congestion, accidents, etc., you can request to delay the reservation via your phone. The system will automatically extend the appointment arrival time by 6 hours, without penalty or punishment.
Join us Saturday July 20 for George and Dragon's 7th anniversary party with our famous Pig-in-the-box buffet for only 88 RMB! Food will be served around 7pm and beers and House mixed drinks will be available at our Happy Hour prices!
at George and Dragon British Pub
Recent Articles more articles
One of the most terrifying experiences one can have is being in a tall burning building. Trust me, I've been there myself. Shenzhen has improved its fire safety; however, it's still important for everyone to know what to do in this type of situation.
Head on down to the Mission Hills Sport & Eco Park for the inaugural LakeFest event with seven themed zones, spread over 50,000sqm, for a summer carnival, unlike any other.