Traffic Police Warning: Large Scale Deployment on April 25, 2018
25 Apr 2018
Last night, the Shenzhen Traffic Police Authority issued a warning stating that in order to effectively prevent road traffic safety accidents, and further strengthen the comprehensive improvement of traffic safety, the Shenzhen traffic police will today deploy the police force of each brigade to conduct what they're calling “BD-30,” a 100-day operation throughout the entire city.
During that time, pedestrian non-motor vehicles will be rectified. In addition to this, traffic violations such as courier and take-out riders running red lights and riding against traffic will also be "severely punished".
For more details about what they're going after or looking for, check out these related articles:
- Shenzhen Traffic Police Targeting and Ticketing Bicycle Riders
- Shenzhen Cracks Down on Traffic Violators - Threatens Detention
- Traffic Q&A - Bicycles, e-bikes and General Traffic Questions
- e-Bike Laws: What you Need to Know
From April 6th to April 13th, 2018, there were 64,628 violations from APP-Based company staff alone for pedestrian or non-motor violations (including e-bikes):
- 485 delivery drivers from ele.me were cited. 467 were first time offenders who were required to attend a one day traffic safety education course. Their use of electric bikes was also stopped for one week;
- 648 delivery drivers from Meituan were cited. 548 were first time offenders who were required to attend a one day traffic safety education course. Their use of electric bikes was also stopped for one week;
- 30,362 riders of oFo were cited with one violation and their accounts were suspended for the week from April 16 to April 22. 483 oFo riders received 2 violations and their accounts were suspended for a month from April 16th to May 16th. 21 oFo riders received 3 or more violations and their accounts have been suspended for six months from April 16 to September 16.
- 20,553 Mobike riders were cited with one violation and their accounts were suspended for one week from April 22 to April 28. 1 rider received 2 violations and his accounts was suspended for a month from April 16th to May 16th. No statistics were cited in the police announcement regarding whether any Mobike riders received 3 or more violations.
Greetings From Pousada De Coloane! This Year we bring to you a Grand Party for New Year’s ...
at Pousada De Coloane - Hotel & Restaurant
Recent Articles more articles
If you would like to learn whisky in a systemic and relaxing way, you are in the right place.
On Friday, November 30th, we had the last in our series of Movember Podcasts at SWIS. We were joined in the studio by Quinton from Artisans Pizza who sponsored lunch for the Movember Crew at SWIS today. Gary from ShekouDaily also joined us in the...
This Monday, December 3rd, be the first to find out who the winners of That's Shenzhen's '2018 That's Food & Drink Awards' are. Join this fantastic event at the Shangri-La and support your favorite venues! Check out the official event promotion below