Traffic Police Warning: Large Scale Deployment on April 25, 2018
25 Apr 2018
Last night, the Shenzhen Traffic Police Authority issued a warning stating that in order to effectively prevent road traffic safety accidents, and further strengthen the comprehensive improvement of traffic safety, the Shenzhen traffic police will today deploy the police force of each brigade to conduct what they're calling “BD-30,” a 100-day operation throughout the entire city.
During that time, pedestrian non-motor vehicles will be rectified. In addition to this, traffic violations such as courier and take-out riders running red lights and riding against traffic will also be "severely punished".
For more details about what they're going after or looking for, check out these related articles:
- Shenzhen Traffic Police Targeting and Ticketing Bicycle Riders
- Shenzhen Cracks Down on Traffic Violators - Threatens Detention
- Traffic Q&A - Bicycles, e-bikes and General Traffic Questions
- e-Bike Laws: What you Need to Know
From April 6th to April 13th, 2018, there were 64,628 violations from APP-Based company staff alone for pedestrian or non-motor violations (including e-bikes):
- 485 delivery drivers from ele.me were cited. 467 were first time offenders who were required to attend a one day traffic safety education course. Their use of electric bikes was also stopped for one week;
- 648 delivery drivers from Meituan were cited. 548 were first time offenders who were required to attend a one day traffic safety education course. Their use of electric bikes was also stopped for one week;
- 30,362 riders of oFo were cited with one violation and their accounts were suspended for the week from April 16 to April 22. 483 oFo riders received 2 violations and their accounts were suspended for a month from April 16th to May 16th. 21 oFo riders received 3 or more violations and their accounts have been suspended for six months from April 16 to September 16.
- 20,553 Mobike riders were cited with one violation and their accounts were suspended for one week from April 22 to April 28. 1 rider received 2 violations and his accounts was suspended for a month from April 16th to May 16th. No statistics were cited in the police announcement regarding whether any Mobike riders received 3 or more violations.
All beers on tap and house wine are buy 1 get 1 FREE ALL DAY Thursday at Hammock Bar & Restaurant. Beers on tap include: Vedett Extra White, Liefmans Fruitesse and Boulevard Tropical Pale Ale.
at Hammock Bar & Restaurant
Recent Articles more articles
The Liang Jin fundraising group would like to thank ShenzhenEat for the fundraiser they held at the Snake Pit yesterday and to the generous group of people that turned out in the unpleasant weather. While the rain had an impact on the turnout, th...
Know your rights and how to prepare just in case this happens to you.
An American Brother and his Chinese wife, have 2 young boys. The oldest boy 3.8 years old (almost 4 yrs old) has B type ALL leukaemia. It is curable and he is receiving treatment; however, his family is having trouble finding an affordable apartment.