Who's Open & Who's Closed During the Chinese New Year (2019)
30 Jan 2019
If you're in Shenzhen during the Chinese New Year, you'll quickly notice that not every business is open as usual. This can be very frustrating; especially if you made a trip all the way down to your favorite place just to find out it was closed. To help you avoid those frustrations, we thought we'd share this list of the opening and closing hours of various businesses across town.
- Artisan’s – Closed from Feb 1st to the 12th
- Baia Da Marco – Closed from Feb 4th to the 10th
- Mamamia Indian Restaurant - Closed from Feb 4th to Feb 10th
- Management & Service Center for Expats - Closed from Feb 4th to the 10th
- National Geographic Exhibit in Sea World - Closed from Feb 4th to the 7th
- Overseas Grocery Store - Closed from Feb 3rd to the 11th
- Panini Station - Closed from Feb 1st to whenever they re-open
- Peak Bird Gym - Closed from Feb 1st to the 9th. Classes cancelled through the 20th
- Smelly Cat Cafe - Closed Feb 4th and 5th
- Tony's Kitchen - Closed from Jan 30th to Feb 12th
- Tristan’s – Closed from Feb 2nd to the 9th
- Warehouse Pizza - Closed from Feb 4th at 8pm to the 6th
- Willy's Crab Shack - Closed from Feb 1st to the 9th
- Xpats Village Pub - Closed from Feb 3rd to the 8th
OPEN AS USUAL
- George & Dragon
- HarMoniCare Women & Children's Hospital
- IMAX Movie Theater
- Jolly Roger
- Kafe Kitchen (opens at 5pm Feb 4th)
- Xpats Bar & Grill
HH Gourmet will be open but with varying hours:
- Feb 1st - 3rd: 8am to 4pm
- Feb 4th (Super Bowl Monday!!!): 7am to 2:15pm
- Feb 5th - 10th: 8:30am to 3pm
- Feb 11th & 12th: 7am to 4pm
Vista Medical will be open but with varying hours:
- Feb 5th through 7th: Open from 9am to 6pm.
- Will have normal hours of 9am to 8pm for the rest of the holiday.
Silver Palate will be open but with varying hours:
- Feb 4th: 7:30am to 4pm
- Feb 5th: 12 noon to 8pm
- Feb 6th - 8th: 10am to 8pm
- Watch the Super Bowl at George & Dragon - Feb 4th
- Watch the Super Bowl at X-TA-SEA - Feb 4th
- Watch the Super Bowl at HH Gourmet - Feb 4th
- Kick It Keg Rager - Feb 6th
- Click here to view all 9 events hosted by KickIt and Crafty that are taking place throughout the CNY Holiday.
- Click here for a list of 30 Chinese New Year Activities, Events, Performances and more!
Yes, things often change so feel free to check back for the latest info. We'll continue to update this page when any news is shared with us.
Have a wonderful holiday!
Join us at George & Dragon for your traditional Christmas dinner or lunch. Indulge on a buffet with ham, turkey, and lots more for 248 RMB on Christmas Day (both lunch and dinner service available); or 198 RMB on Christmas Eve (plated service).
at George and Dragon British Pub
We hope that people will have better understanding of Chinese culture throught these excel...
at Nanshan International Cultural Exchange & Service
Recent Articles more articles
The ‘90s were a special time for gaming, with the release of so many incredible games and strange trends it was a time when the medium really started to take off. Gaming advertising became ever zanier using strange peripherals, goofy actors and fr...
Check out all the awesome free activities, services & workshops + in the FULL schedule for this Saturday's Health & Wellness Fair! 10am to 4pm at Vista-SK, walking distance from Houhai Subway station in Nanshan.