Who's Open & Who's Closed During the Chinese New Year (2019)
30 Jan 2019
If you're in Shenzhen during the Chinese New Year, you'll quickly notice that not every business is open as usual. This can be very frustrating; especially if you made a trip all the way down to your favorite place just to find out it was closed. To help you avoid those frustrations, we thought we'd share this list of the opening and closing hours of various businesses across town.
- Artisan’s – Closed from Feb 1st to the 12th
- Baia Da Marco – Closed from Feb 4th to the 10th
- Mamamia Indian Restaurant - Closed from Feb 4th to Feb 10th
- Management & Service Center for Expats - Closed from Feb 4th to the 10th
- National Geographic Exhibit in Sea World - Closed from Feb 4th to the 7th
- Overseas Grocery Store - Closed from Feb 3rd to the 11th
- Panini Station - Closed from Feb 1st to whenever they re-open
- Peak Bird Gym - Closed from Feb 1st to the 9th. Classes cancelled through the 20th
- Smelly Cat Cafe - Closed Feb 4th and 5th
- Tony's Kitchen - Closed from Jan 30th to Feb 12th
- Tristan’s – Closed from Feb 2nd to the 9th
- Warehouse Pizza - Closed from Feb 4th at 8pm to the 6th
- Willy's Crab Shack - Closed from Feb 1st to the 9th
- Xpats Village Pub - Closed from Feb 3rd to the 8th
OPEN AS USUAL
- George & Dragon
- HarMoniCare Women & Children's Hospital
- IMAX Movie Theater
- Jolly Roger
- Kafe Kitchen (opens at 5pm Feb 4th)
- Xpats Bar & Grill
HH Gourmet will be open but with varying hours:
- Feb 1st - 3rd: 8am to 4pm
- Feb 4th (Super Bowl Monday!!!): 7am to 2:15pm
- Feb 5th - 10th: 8:30am to 3pm
- Feb 11th & 12th: 7am to 4pm
Vista Medical will be open but with varying hours:
- Feb 5th through 7th: Open from 9am to 6pm.
- Will have normal hours of 9am to 8pm for the rest of the holiday.
Silver Palate will be open but with varying hours:
- Feb 4th: 7:30am to 4pm
- Feb 5th: 12 noon to 8pm
- Feb 6th - 8th: 10am to 8pm
- Watch the Super Bowl at George & Dragon - Feb 4th
- Watch the Super Bowl at X-TA-SEA - Feb 4th
- Watch the Super Bowl at HH Gourmet - Feb 4th
- Kick It Keg Rager - Feb 6th
- Click here to view all 9 events hosted by KickIt and Crafty that are taking place throughout the CNY Holiday.
- Click here for a list of 30 Chinese New Year Activities, Events, Performances and more!
Yes, things often change so feel free to check back for the latest info. We'll continue to update this page when any news is shared with us.
Have a wonderful holiday!
XPats Trivia Night has moved to Tuesday night! We'll be giving out prizes at the end of each round AND Prizes for the 1st and 2nd place teams at the end. Roughly 90 questions each night over 3 rounds. The quiz is fast-paced and we aim to finish ar...
at Xpats Bar & Grill (Futian - Central Walk)
The wait is finally over! MAGS in association with G-TOP, presents the biggest celebration...
at Shang Li Lang Zhi Niu Sports Ecological Park
Recent Articles more articles
Cricket. A game played and loved by millions across the globe, with top International teams across five continents. It is, as a team sport, arguably second only to football in terms of worldwide popularity. Yet, when you mention cricket (板球-(bǎn
Here is a great opportunity to own and operate a profitable Chinese Language Training Center in Shenzhen. This well-established business is currently for sale as the owner needs to sell for personal reasons.Located in Shekou with thousands of fore...