Important Shenzhen Airport News for Spring Festival Travelers
10 Feb 2018
During the first week of the Spring Festival travel season, more than 950,000 passengers traveled through the Shenzhen Airport. To manage the increased passenger flow expected during the peak season, from February 8th, the Shenzhen Airport is preparing additional measures.
At present, there are three specific peak departures times from Shenzhen Airport: 07:00-08: 00, 10:00 -13:00 and 22: 00-23: 00. To cope with the increased passenger flow, Shenzhen airport has announced that their check-in counters and security access points will open at 03:30 am from February 8 to February 14 to allow more time for passengers catching early flights.
Here are some recommended tips from the Shenzhen Airport to avoid delays or missing your flights during these periods of increased passenger flow:
- Passengers are advised to arrive at their departure halls at least 2 hours in advance to complete their check-in, baggage checks and get through the security checks,
- Passengers without check-in baggage are reminded that they can take advantage of the self-service check-in kiosks.
- Passengers with only carry-on bags (no check-in luggage) may choose to take the "No-Baggage Security Screeners" at gates No. 19 and 20 to reduce their waiting time during the peaks.
- Passengers with first class or business class tickets can bring 2 carry-on bags, the volume of each shall not exceed 20 × 40 × 55 cm;
- Passengers with economy class tickets can bring 1 carry-on bag, the volume shall not exceed 20 × 40 × 55 cm.
NOTE Regarding "Three Over" Luggage Check-in
During the Spring Festival travel season, Shenzhen Airport will be working closely with the airlines to check luggage more stringently, especially the "three over" (oversized, overweight, over amount) luggage types. Passengers carrying these luggage types are forbidden from boarding. Passengers with "three over" luggage, are reminded to arrange shipment of these beforehand to avoid delays in your schedule.
Join us Saturday November 17 at 7pm for G&D’s famous Pig-in-the-Box. A mouth-watering whole hog, slow roasted for eight hours! Served with mashed potatoes, Mac & Cheese, vegetables, fried onion & mushrooms, and corn-on-the-cob. Only 108 RMB!
at George and Dragon British Pub
Recent Articles more articles
Various yoga, health and wellness experts are coming together this November and December to provide an array of workshops to help you build a stronger body, support your emotional wellness, prepare for motherhood, and your post-natal recovery.
The SWIS Mo Bros yesterday held their first weekly Mo Bros meetup and recorded a special podcast promoting the wonderful cause that 17 teachers at SWIS are now participating in. The Mo Bros were joined by Sally and Grace of the Terrace, who sponso...