New Electric Bike Laws Aim to Save Lives In Shenzhen
25 Nov 2017
From November 1st through November 30th, two districts of Shenzhen have been conducting a transition period of new laws aimed at preventing and reducing traffic accidents involving electric bicycles, and safeguarding the lives and property of citizens. The new laws are scheduled to take effect on December 1, 2017.
The following violations are punishable by fines, and possibly detainment of vehicles, in Guangming New District and Bao'an District. There's no news yet as to when or if these laws will spread to other districts of Shenzhen.
Five types of punishable violations for electric bicycle riders:
1. Not wearing safety helmet;
2. Not equipped with lighting (headlight, taillight), reflector, warning signs and other equipments;
3. Not following traffic signals, signs. running a red light, driving against traffic;
4. Carrying more than one passenger;
5. Driving on the main road when there is a relief road available.
Some specific penalties for certain violations have already been published by the Bao'an Traffic Police Brigade. These include:
1. People who drive electric bicycles in restricted areas or at prohibited times, will be fined 2,000 yuan.
2. People who forge, alter or use fake or altered special signs of electric bicycles and other non-motor vehicles will have their vehicles detained by municipal public security bureau and fined 5,000 yuan.
3. People who drive electric bicycles and run a red light, will be fined 20 yuan.
4. People who drive electric bicycles in a motorway, will be fined 500 yuan.
5. People who drive electric bicycles against traffic, will be fined 50 yuan.
6. People who drive a motorcycle without a license shall be subject to administrative detention.
Recent Articles more articles
Various yoga, health and wellness experts are coming together this November and December to provide an array of workshops to help you build a stronger body, support your emotional wellness, prepare for motherhood, and your post-natal recovery.
The SWIS Mo Bros yesterday held their first weekly Mo Bros meetup and recorded a special podcast promoting the wonderful cause that 17 teachers at SWIS are now participating in. The Mo Bros were joined by Sally and Grace of the Terrace, who sponso...