RED Fire Danger Warning Issued: Risk of Fire is Extreme
22 Oct 2017
At 6am Sunday October 22nd, 2017, the Hong Kong Observatory issued the Red Fire Danger Warning to alert the public to conditions in which fires may start and spread easily. The fire risk is Extreme.
- Light fires only in designated barbecue sites or camp sites. Never leave a fire unattended; and extinguish all fires before you leave.
- Never burn off rubbish or weeds when there is a strong wind.
- Handle and dispose of cigarettes and matches with care.
- Only burn joss sticks and "paper money" in containers.
- Do not overload the electricity circuit by using too many plugs and appliances.
- Do not leave the stove in use unattended.
- Do not block the fire exit. Ensure that the fire door is always kept closed.
- Familiarize yourselves with the route of the fire exit as well as the operation of fire fighting facilities.
- Dial 999 to report fires promptly. (For Shenzhen Fire Department Dial 119)
- If you see a hill fire nearby, keep calm. Note the direction in which the fire spreads, avoid escaping in the same direction as the prevailing wind. Find a place with less vegetation and choose a path which is easiest for escape. It is easier and quicker to escape through existing paths.
- If a Yellow or Red Fire Danger Warning is in force, be extra alert, take extra care, and make extra effort to ensure that the above precautions are taken due attention.
Fire Danger Warning System
The Fire Danger Warning System aims at alerting the public to conditions in which fires may start and spread easily. The chance of fire outbreaks when fire danger warnings are issued is much higher than the average.
There are two levels of warning: Yellow and Red. The Yellow Fire Danger Warning will be issued when the fire risk is high; the Red Fire Danger Warning will be issued when the fire risk is extreme.
The issuance of warnings are based on: (a) weather conditions favouring the occurrence and spread of fires, such as low humidity and high wind speed; and (b) information on the dryness of vegetation supplied by the Agriculture, Fisheries and Conservation Department.
Here are two great options for Thanksgiving Dinner in Futian, including buffets and freefl...
at XPats Bar & Grill and XPats Village Pub
Recent Articles more articles
Various yoga, health and wellness experts are coming together this November and December to provide an array of workshops to help you build a stronger body, support your emotional wellness, prepare for motherhood, and your post-natal recovery.
The SWIS Mo Bros yesterday held their first weekly Mo Bros meetup and recorded a special podcast promoting the wonderful cause that 17 teachers at SWIS are now participating in. The Mo Bros were joined by Sally and Grace of the Terrace, who sponso...