RESULTS: Best Pizza in Shekou 2015
07 Dec 2015
Close to 300 pizza lovers attended the 2nd Annual Best Pizza in Shekou Competition and Awards Ceremony at The Terrace in Sea World on Sunday December 6th, 2015 to help us determine which pizzas in Shekou are the best.
The competition sponsor, San Miguel Brewing Company, supplied free flow beer during the competition and Exotic Winds provided free flow of Imported Spanish Wine. TLI Language Institute also provided free VIP Language Lessons to 5 lucky draw winners.
The Terrace Band, T.A.S., entertained the crowd with their lively performances while guests tasted these amazing pizzas from the following restaurants:
- Alla Torre Pizzeria: Al Metro Pizza, Diavola (Pepperoni) Pizza, Ferrari Pizza, Proscuitto Crudo Pizza, and Margherita Pizza
- Beny’s: Pepperoni Pizza
- Chill’s: Pepperoni, bacon and jalapenos Pizza; and Pepperoni & Chicken with BBQ Sauce
- HH Gourmet: Pizza Bagels
- Italy Square: Fantasia Pizza, Gourmet Pizza, Marinara Pizza,
- Laffa: Four Cheese Pizza
- McCawley’s: Godfather Pizza
- OGGI: Parma Pizza, Capri Pizza
- SUGO: Pepperoni Pizza, and Mediterranean Pizza
- The Terrace: Tom Yum Gong Thai Pizza
- Volfoni: The American BBQ Pizza, Inferno Pizza, Romana Pizza, Pepperoni Pizza, The Four Seasons Pizza
- Warehouse Pizza: Godfather Pepperoni Pizza, US Ambassador Pizza, Pentagon Cheese Analyst Pizza
- Willy’s Crab Shack: Jalapeno Spice, Mediterranean, Pepperoni Supreme
- X-TA-SEA: Italian Sausage with Chicken and BBQ Sauce Pizza, Hawaiian Pizza, Traditional Pepperoni Pizza.
The Dolores unfortunately had to drop out at the last minute due to staffing issues.
Although the pizzas were the primary attraction, spontaneous singing from Sophia, Quenton, and Karina excited the crowds with their performances on stage with T.A.S.
Here are a few photo highlights from the event. To view them all, scroll down to the bottom of this page.
Those of you that have been following ShekouDaily and our competitions since last year know that we take great efforts to ensure that the results are fair and accurate. Our three top concerns in all of our competitions is having fun, eating great food, and finding the truth.
This year, in order to find the true best pizza in Shekou, we set up a three-pronged competition:
- People’s Choice Awards: An online vote that took place from November 16th to November 30th. 875 people lovers placed 2,192 votes for 36 pizza varieties in five categories to pick the winners of this popularity content.
- Best in Show Awards: Almost 200 votes were placed at the Awards Ceremony at the Terrace. Each attendee was given one voting stub to pick their favorite after tasting all the pizzas at the event. The results determined the Best in Show winners in each category.
- Expert’s Choice Awards: ShekouDaily scoured the city to find Shenzhen’s Top Chefs to judge the Best Pizza in Shekou Competition. Chef David Ball of the Langham Hotel and Chef Adam Lin of the Shangri-La joined Chris Butt the founder of ShenzhenEat, Shenzhen’s top online restaurant ordering service, to do a blind taste testing of the pizzas. Unfortunately, the event was so crowded that we had a difficult time getting all of the pizzas to the judges in time. In order to maintain the fairness of the competition, we regretfully had to withdraw this portion of the voting from the final results. We would like to thank the judges for their time and we look forward to being better organized the next time we try this.
Alla Torre’s Al Metro Pizza
The photo gallery is currently being moved. It will be returned shortly.
Greetings From Pousada De Coloane! This Year we bring to you a Grand Party for New Year’s Eve. Be there to witness the Glamour of “Old Is Gold” 80s Theme Party. So, come along with your Friends & Family to celebrate Love, Life & New Beginnings...
at Pousada De Coloane - Hotel & Restaurant
Recent Articles more articles
If you would like to learn whisky in a systemic and relaxing way, you are in the right place.
On Friday, November 30th, we had the last in our series of Movember Podcasts at SWIS. We were joined in the studio by Quinton from Artisans Pizza who sponsored lunch for the Movember Crew at SWIS today. Gary from ShekouDaily also joined us in the...
This Monday, December 3rd, be the first to find out who the winners of That's Shenzhen's '2018 That's Food & Drink Awards' are. Join this fantastic event at the Shangri-La and support your favorite venues! Check out the official event promotion below