Shenzhen Offers Cash Rewards for Reporting Illegal Foreigners
10 May 2019
The Shenzhen Municipal Public Security Bureau yesterday published a whistleblower reward scheme that pays up to 500 RMB for reporting foreigners who are violating immigration rules in China.
The announcement begins with the following introduction and encourages people to report foreigners who are:
- Residing (staying) in China illegally,
- Working in China illegally, or
- have entered China illegally.
"In order to maintain the city's immigration management and law and order, members of the public are invited to participate actively in the management of public security." Rewards of 500 RMB are given for each person detained for administrative purposes; and 300 RMB for each person given an administrative fine.
The Three Illegal Alien Types
The "three illegals" are foreigners who have no legal status in China. Illegal employment for survival will inevitably affect the labor market and the employment environment. At the same time, this may lead to increased crime and seriously disturb the stability of the social order, the article states.
Refers to the illegal act of a foreigner staying in China who has not applied for a visa or residence permit during the valid stay period stipulated by the visa or residence permit.
The "three illegals" are foreigners who have no legal status in China. Illegal employment for survival will inevitably affect the labor market and the employment environment. At the same time, this may lead to increased crime and seriously disturb the stability of the social order.
A foreigner who does not have a valid entry visa or a valid entry certificate issued by the competent Chinese authorities, or who has not entered the country through China's territory at a designated port, or who has entered the territory of the People's Republic of China without being checked by a frontier inspection post, shall be deemed to have committed an offence.
To illustrate the penalties, the announcement uses an example where a lady by the name of Miss Zhang hires a foreign woman named Lisa, through an agency, to work in their home. Here are the described penalties for Miss Zhang, the agency, and Lisa.
- The Exit and Entry Control Law of the Republic will impose a fine of 10,000 yuan to Miss Zhang for illegally hiring Lisa. Additionally, Miss Zhang will be fined between 5,000 to 20,000 RMB and given 5 to 15 days detention for taking in an illegal immigrant.
- The People's Republic of China shall impose a fine of 5,000 yuan to the agency for each introduced person, in accordance with the Law on the Administration of Exit and Entry into China of the People's Republic of China for Illegal Employment. At the same time, according to Article 318 of the Criminal Law of the People's Republic of China, if the company is suspected of organizing others to cross the state border, they shall be sentenced to not less than two years and not more than seven years of fixed-term imprisonment, and a fine for the person in charge and the person directly responsible. If the circumstances are serious, the offender shall be sentenced to fixed-term imprisonment of not less than seven years or life imprisonment.
- The Exit and Entry Control Law provides that anyone who illegally enters the country shall be detained for not less than five days but not more than 10 days, and may also be fined not less than 2,000 yuan but not more than 10,000 yuan. Illegal employment is punishable by a maximum of five to fifteen days of detention and a fine of between 5,000 and 20,000 yuan. An alien who has entered the country legally but who overstays their visa shall be deemed to be unlawfully present and shall be liable for a maximum fine of 10,000 yuan or five to fifteen days detention.
How to Report the 3 Types of Illegals
- By Telephone: Citizens can call the Shenzhen Municipal Public Security Bureau at 22222110.
- By Internet: Citizens can visit the website of the Shenzhen Public Security Bureau (www.szga.gov.cn) to report as well, or send a message to the Official "Shenzhen Public Security" WeChat account, or by sending an email to the Bureau at firstname.lastname@example.org
- By Mail: Citizens can also send letters to 4018 Jiefang Road, Luohu District, Attention Shenzhen Municipal Public Security Bureau, Shenzhen City, China, 518008.
- In Person: The Municipal Public Security Bureau has prize and report centers at all levels of the city's public security organs and at police station, so citizens may go to these in person to report.
The article states that the public security organ will implement strict secrecy guidelines and keep informant information confidential.
Recent Articles more articles
You don't need to change your appearance to have a beautiful, aligned smile. Discover the new transparent aligner, the most aesthetic solution for your treatment.